Taking on the most powerful trucking companies in the name of injury victims
Joe Fried and Mike Leizerman lead a conference on truck accident litigation for injury attorneys
Yesterday, Joe Fried and Mike Leizerman ran a one-hour audio conference for attorneys from throughout the U.S., teaching them how to better protect truck accident injury victims.
The webinar was through Pincus Professional Education, and covered the following topics:
- Minimum available insurance
- Initial considerations
- Preservation letter and spoliation
- Primary FMCSA regulations
- Critical discovery
- Key industry documents (OP1, MCS 150, CDL manual, preventability manual)
- FMCSA safety statistics
- Guide to crash report analysis
- Other important considerations for discovery
Said Pincus about Joe and Mike: “… you will hear from two trial lawyers who have successfully taken on the most powerful trucking companies in obtaining justice for victims of catastrophic injuries and wrongful death.”
During the webinar, Joe and Mike stressed that handling a truck accident case is much different than that of a car accident. Here’s why:
- The trucking industry is heavily regulated by the federal government and these regulations (the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Regulations) affect every aspect of a trucking case.
- There typically is significant insurance coverage (the FMSCRs require federal motor carriers to maintain at least $750,000 in liability insurance).