Michael Leizerman leads national webinar on litigating truck accident claims
Strafford seminar on truck accident litigation from the plaintiff and defense
Last week, Truck Roundtable co-founding attorney Michael Leizerman was a webinar panel member for Strafford publications, called, “Litigating Trucking Accident Injury Claims: Plaintiff and Defense Strategies.”
Michael and several defense attorneys who specialize in trucking litigation covered the potential impact of CSA record keeping, theories of liability, and common issues unique to lawsuits involving commercial motor vehicles.
These cases are complex. They involve many unique legal issues and unique skill sets that set them apart from other motor vehicle accidents. The challenges include various advanced theories of liability, and litigation involving many potential defendants, such as drivers, owners, shippers, brokers, leasing companies and sometimes even manufacturers.
I wrote about the unique issues plaintiff truck attorneys must know in an issue of Attorney At Law magazine.
Other topics Michael tackled include:
- Common causes of trucking accidents;
- Overview of federal trucking safety regulations;
- Practical concerns for the practitioner, such as post-crash inspection and what to include in an investigation;
- Discovery considerations such as CSA data, admissibility of “preventable” designation and conditional carriers;
- Pretrial motions; and
- Broker and shipper liability.
Strafford offers high-quality publications and CLE continuing education programs for attorneys throughout the country.