Michael Leizerman, Respected national Truck Accident Lawyer
Founder Truck Accidents Attorneys Roundtable
Michael Jay Leizerman literally wrote the book that thousands of lawyers across the country use when they have a client who has been injured in a truck accident. He is the author of the West Group and American Association for Justice treatise, Litigating Truck Accident Cases, published in 2005 and updated annually.
Michael is also a nationally renowned trucking lawyer, who has worked on truck accident cases in 18 states. He is owner and managing partner of E.J. Leizerman & Associates in Toledo, Ohio.
Michael has received record, multi-million dollar trial verdicts and settlements in the field of trucking litigation. He has achieved these results in several states, including a $13 million dollar consortium-only truck death case verdict in Arizona in 2012.
He was the first Chair of the American Association for Justice Trucking Litigation Group, a national litigation group that teaches accident lawyers how to handle truck accident crash cases. He has spoken at numerous legal seminars across the country, teaching other attorneys how to litigate these cases.
Michael says one of the most important experiences he ever had was attending truck driving school and obtaining his Commercial Driver’s License, all while in the middle of a busy and successful personal injury practice. He says of this experience that he wanted to earn his Commercial Driver’s License so he could get a better understanding of how truck accidents occur, and truly understand safety choices from the truck driver’s perspective.
Below are more of Michael’s accomplishments that enable him to better help the clients he serves and people hurt in truck accidents through the Truck Accident Attorneys Roundtable.
- Chair, American Association for Justice Truck Accident
Litigation Group, Public Affairs Committee
- Past Chair, AAJ Truck Accident Lawyer Litigation Group
- Trial Lawyers College graduate
- National Trial Lawyers Association, member
- Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Group, Executive Board Member
- Ohio Association for Justice, member
- Toledo Area Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates, member
Honors and awards
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer
- Ohio Lawyer of the Year
- “Litigating Truck Accident Cases”
Certification and specialties
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate
- Bar Admissions: Ohio, Michigan, Tennessee, U.S. Court of Appeals, Texas Federal Court, numerous other state courts with pro hac vice admission
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Michigan (1991)
- Juris Doctor, University of Toledo College of Law (1994)
What The Defense Attorneys Say
“DO NOT underestimate the importance of lawyer like Leizerman to produce the mega-verdict. There are about 12-15 lawyers around the country that are the BEST OF THE BEST in transportation related verdicts.” – Trucking Industry Defense Association, March 26, 2012